Have you ever felt cautious or anxious while riding a car?
Most of you do not feel this since you have full faith in your driver. And we do not wish to scare you by this but according to the Global Status Report On Road Safety 2018 by WHO, traffic-related deaths have reached a whopping 1.35 million in 2016.
But this is not all that you need to know.
According to the World Health Organization, traffic-related deaths are the eighth-leading cause of deaths around the world and traffic accidents kill more people on earth than diseases such as AIDS/HIV or tuberculosis etc.
Why do you think these auto accidents are on a rise with every passing year?
Here are some of the major causes of a rising number of auto accidents:
- Distracted Driving: Most of the distractions in driving occur due to the presence of digital devices and talking on mobile phones while driving is one of the leading causes of auto accidents. Most importantly, even a very careful driver may face troubles due to distracted driving by other vehicles on the street.
- Influenced Driving: Drivers driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or other addictive products are highly likely to be involved in an accident. In fact, drunken driving is one of the leading causes of vehicle accidents.
- Sleepy Drivers: Not getting proper sleep and sleeping while on the driver’s seat is also one of the major causes of fatal road accidents.
- Over-speed: There are speed limits on roads and you are not supposed to drive beyond these. And while over-speeding could be a crime according to the law, it’s also dangerous for the driver and others on the road. Several vehicle accidents and deaths have been reported on account of high speed and rash driving, making it one of the major cause of road accidents.
- Not-Abiding Traffic Rules: What are traffic rules for? To make sure that the vehicles stay disciplined on the road and never cause any harm to the people or the property. However, when the vehicles do not abide by these traffic rules, this leads to many severe accidents.
But even though you are involved in a car accident, it may or may not be due to your fault. And according to the auto accident lawyers, if you are not at fault in an accident but still facing troubles due to the mishap, you ought to sue the guilty for the same.
You can consult a good vehicle accident lawyer and file a suit against the person behind the accident to get fair compensation for your losses.
And if you are a resident of Philadelphia, you can consult ‘Alva & Shutteworth, LLC.’ which is one of the leading law firms in the region. Get help from the dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys in Philadelphia and ensure best outcomes in all kinds of legal matters.